Source: Charles Wm. Cunningham
Flight Light's (formerly Heavy Duty) 4KW and 7.5KW dry-type resonant constant current regulators provide precision control of runway lighting series circuits in low and medium intensity applications...
Compliance and Applications
FAA: L-828 (AC 150/5345-10)
Flight Light's (formerly Heavy Duty) 4KW and 7.5KW dry-type resonant constant current regulators provide precision control of runway lighting series circuits in low and medium intensity applications. Because they use SOLA/Hevi-Duty's extremely reliable design and durable magnetic components, our regulators are not susceptible to extraneous signals that cause competing solid state electronic designs to fail. In fact, our units are tested to assure zero interference with radio communications.
The regulator maintains a constant current by using a resonant network circuit. The voltage from the input transformer is transmitted to the resonant network through the brightness step relays. Current from the output transformer is variable as a factor of the voltage fed into the resonant network. Output current is variable in direct proportion to the selected input voltage, which is increased or decreased through the brightness step relays.
Why Our CCR's are Better
- Magnetic components are not susceptible to extraneous signals and do not create interference with radio communications.
- Simple design makes it easy to install and virtually maintenance free.
- Excellent current regulation. Output current stable within 0.1 amps at any output.
- Input circuit electronically isolated from output circuit.
- Withstands input overvoltage of 120% nominal for 50 milliseconds within one minute intervals.
- Power factor exceeds industry standards: more efficient than required by FAA.
- Not activated by load switching or transients. Positive open-circuit protection automatically trips regulator off-line within 2 seconds, manually resets in less than 1 second.
- Resumes original brightness mode within 1 second of lost input power.
- Easy access to remote/local control switch.
- Continuous indoor operation at a temperature range of-40°F to +131°F (-40°C to +55°C).
- Floor mounted, dry-type ventilated enclosure with power components isolated from control functions.
- Taps for 250, 240, 230, 220, and 208 volts to accommodate various supply voltages.
Charles Wm. Cunningham, 5785 SE Tangerine Blvd, Stuart, FL 34997-8017. Tel: 561-220-8449 ; Fax: 561-220-4798.