ViewCafé 1.2 Web-based viewing, markup and collaboration software offering a range of new features designed to streamline online information distribution and collaborative document review
ViewCafé 1.2 Web-based viewing, markup and collaboration software offering a range of new features designed to streamline online information distribution and collaborative document review and to provide benefits for a business, its staff, suppliers and customers.
The software provides the ability to view nearly 150 industry-standard file formats including CAD, raster, vector, hybrid and office documents such as MS Word and Adobe PDF files. It enables cross-platform functionality using a standard Web browser and incorporates familiar and intuitive markup tools. New features include:
- Thumbnail Viewer (pictured here): allows users to navigate through a multi-page document using thumbnail previews rather than scrolling or viewing each page. Custom integration can display document search results as thumbnails instead of text links.
- Measurement and Counting Tool: users can measure the linear distance and area of polylines, rectangles and ellipses. Units of measurement can be quickly switched among inches, feet, centimeters and meters and the tool can be calibrated to provide measurements to the scale of the drawing. In addition, the counting feature enables users to place markers on a document and keep track of material takeoff measurements.
- Printing functions: the software's Java 2 technology enables accurate, full resolution printing for all drawing sizes. Printing options include:
- Quick Print : 200 dpi
- Smart Print: 300 dpi
- Full Print: output documents to the maximum resolution of a printer, whether it is 600 dpi, 1200 dpi, or higher.
- New file format support: the software now offers DWF and HP GL/RTL file support.
Spicer Corp., 221 McIntyre Drive, Kitchener, ON, N2R 1G1 Canada. Tel: 519-748-2462. Fax: 519-748-9457.